The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Things To Come

I am officially frightened. Trump could win. He says he's going to put the coal miners back to work, that's West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. He reminds me of Jesse Helms, who got elected time and again with his message of negativity. Let me tell you a brief story. Jim Hunt, a Democrat, was the most popular Governor in North Carolina history. He was chairman of the Hunt Commission, which established Democratic superdelegates to the national convention. Well, in 1984, Jim Hunt ran for the US Senate, in an attempt to unseat Senator No, Jesse Helms. It was a bitterly fought contest, the most expensive contest up until that time, millions spent, a true clash among Titans, and moderation lost to Right-Wing extremism, Hunt lost to Helms, mighty Casey struck out, if you will. I see the same thing as possible this time. Trump's message resonates with a lot of people. We'll see... six months to go... but I'm not optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home